5 Easy-to-Follow Tips to Extend Your Car’s Life
If you eternally love your car, the last thing you want to worry about is having your car break down. We know you are extra careful and vigilant when it comes to taking care of your car, but we are humans, and sometimes, even the vigilante commit mistakes that can adversely affect your car’s health and decrease its life.
So, it is crucial that you take care of it. By doing very simple things, you can be sure to extend the life of your car and keep it in healthy and working conditions for much longer.
Below listed five easy-to-follow tips that can ensure your car remains healthy for miles and miles.
- Use Quality Fuel: The fuel is your car’s blood, and it plays a significant role in its performance. The quality of the fuel directly impacts the engine components. So, for a long and healthy lifespan, it is essential to use high-quality fuel.
- Keep a check on fluids: The fluids in your car, such as brake fluid, coolants, engine oil, etc., play a vital role in deciding the health of your car. The engine oil is required for engine lubrication and to prevent parts from overheating and getting damaged in the process. Over time the oil starts to burn, and you must change it for proper functioning. It is advised to change car fluids every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. The best way to refer to the car manual and see what the manufacturer recommends.
- Inspect your tires: We have often heard people pestering that “a healthy set of tyres can prolong your car’s life by a few years”. And that’s quite true. Any damage to the tyres will indirectly impact all other components connected to them. It is vital to check the air pressure and condition of your tires regularly. It’s a guaranteed way to improve your car’s fuel efficiency and safety.
- Maintaining the service cycle: Never overlook your car’s service schedule. A well-maintained can extend its lifespan by up to 10 years. Maintaining a regular service cycle is very important for your car. And getting it serviced from reputed and reliable car specialists is the key. Car servicing takes care of all small and big things and helps clean the car’s interiors. Regular cleaning and washing avoids rusting and helps keep your car clean and shiny.
- Filter Change: The main job of filters is to stop debris from entering your engine. The air filters in your car clean out the dirt and dust in the air, whereas the fuel and oil filters trap abrasive sediments. Be sure to replace fuel and air filters as recommended in your car manual. Keeping these filters clean will ensure the proper flow of these vital ingredients to a well-running engine. The car manual contains all the necessary information and guideline on when you should change or replace filters.
Get all the repairs done in time: there are going to be times when your car may require a quick repair for the dents, scratches, bumper replacements, spar painting, etc. Get these repaired from a trusted car repair specialist to ensure that your car doesn’t run into a problem in future. Always go for original parts, which may seem expensive upfront but will last longer than the cheaper version.
So these were a few easy-to-follow tips that will surely help you extend the life of your car and keep it healthy for a longer time.
Regular maintenance, servicing and inspection is the key to your car’s health and lifespan. If your car is due for service in Thomastown, Bundoora, Doreen, Mill Park, be sure to visit Mr Bingle. Our expert technicians will be happy to assist you in your efforts to keep your car healthy. Call us at (03) 9013 9346 or 0408 038 494 for any questions.